Lamplark offers a free professional service to unemployed Islington residents with job searching and career planning.
This innovative service is completely free to local unemployed people and offers tailored support with finding and securing employment.
We provide personalised guidance to help individuals identify and achieve their employment goals. We offer high-quality employability training, careers guidance and work experience opportunities.
Our multi-faceted programme offers:
- Professional advice and support with job searching, career planning, training, work experience.
- 1:1 guidance on Identifying skills, strengths and job goals.
- IT skills and Internet skills tuition for job seekers.
- Devising personalised action plans around employment goals.
- Developing effective job search skills to find employment in a variety of sectors.
- Creating a professional CV and cover letter to attract employers.
- Developing personal and professional networking skills.
- Support with creating an email account and/or register onto Universal Jobsmatch.
- Opportunities to improve employability skills (e.g. application form filling and interview skills).
- Voluntary work experience opportunities to update or gain new skills.
- Help in addressing your personal barriers to work (if required).
- Identify local education or training opportunities.
- In-work support from your advisor when you find work for up to 6 months.
Contact Lucy or Liam for more details about our employment support programme.